Shocking - Literally

IotaElwyn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2014
Messages
73
Reaction score
3
Location
SE Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I believe I have voltage leak in my tank because I put my hand in and got a nice jolt. I believe I found the offending pump and unplugged it, but I am a bit nervous to put my hand back in there to test again. 1) How do I test to make sure that I won't shock myself again and 2) I thought they made grounding devices that prevent this. Any help you can offer would be appreciate!
 
Check out this video on how to measure stray voltage in your tank



Grounding probes have been recommended in many threads to protect the owner.
 
Just use your hand again. if it didn't kill you the first time......lol. jk, use a volt meter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new