• Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29g display tank that turns 1 year old in May and has a medium sized hair algae problem. After some research I found out that lawnmower, tail spot, starry, etc. blennies are perfect for my situation. Now here is my question, I have 1x Yellow Watchman Goby, 1x Carmel Clown, and 3x Green Chromis; I understand that they are peaceful to all tank inhabitants unless they are of the same species and/or a fish that looks similar to them, and I really don't want my YWG to get beaten up or worse turn out dead because of this guy. So, should I get one or should I take the hair algae problem a different way?

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My algae blenny doesn't eat that much algae. Get a Mexican turbo for rocks, tiger conch for sand. It'll clear it much faster.

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies are hit-or-miss when it comes to algae. My midas loves hikari seaweed extreme and pecks on a rock closest to its hidey hole but never on any other rock. My trochus on the other hand goes from rock to rock and continuously clean them.
I have one conch for my sand. He runs laps cleaning the sand then buries itself for a day or two.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back