Should I add my fish all at once?

LILPACONOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is adding my fish all at once a good idea? I have a 90 gallon tank with a 110 rated canister filter, and was wondering if it would be smart to do this, since it would reduce aggression and allow them to all choose their tanks at the same time. Let me know your thoughts, thanks have a great day.

OP
OP
LILPACONOT

LILPACONOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is adding my fish all at once a good idea? I have a 90 gallon tank with a 110 rated canister filter, and was wondering if it would be smart to do this, since it would reduce aggression and allow them to all choose their tanks at the same time. Let me know your thoughts, thanks have a great day
Problem is my filter might not be able to handle it

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can add all your fish at once, then do it. I added Orange Shoulder Tang, Sailfin Tang, and Sohal Tang all at once to existing Foxface in my 90g. They get along great!

1634161437462.jpeg

Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it would be good to know if the tank has been cycled, and a little backstory. Has it gone through fallow and you are reintroducing? Are they new fish that have been quarantined? Are they eating? etc.

Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can add all your fish at once, then do it. I added Orange Shoulder Tang, Sailfin Tang, and Sohal Tang all at once to existing Foxface in my 90g. They get along great!

1634161437462.jpeg
This is a good approach to an established tank, one I will be employing for a desjardini sailfin tang and sohal myself in a few months, but if it has not been cycled then the OP might face serious ammonia issues. I think we just need more info.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back