Should I avoid Pocillopora in my nano?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Just John
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Messages
5,933
Reaction score
21,195
Location
Clearwater, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one in in the tank already, but I see a lot of talk in today's question/discussion about polyp bailout spreading being a problem. Should I remove it?
 
Last edited:
polyp bailout can occur with most coral. not sure i'd completely avoid a specific coral because of this. if its a nano, i'd agree to keep it out as they can grow large quickly once established.
 
I think I’d avoid. Real estate is gold in a nano.

Unless you really like pocillopora, I’d chose other corals.
 
Personally I think it would be a good edition for a center piece in a nano. It's super hardy and can withstand the swings that are inevitable with owning a small system. The bailouts are super easy to spot and eradicate if so desired.
IMG_1581.JPG
I'm letting this one go on the back as I think it looks better than gsp lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new