Should I be concerned? Black sand?

  • Thread starter Thread starter twin77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

twin77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2016
Messages
78
Reaction score
39
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a magnetic glass cleaner and noticed my sand/rock are magnetized to the magnet. Are there metals in my sand/rock? Do I need to be concerned?
IMG_20170205_151224788.jpeg
Screenshot_20170205-151550.png
 
If you had collected the sand yourself from a river or lake then you might be concerned. Nature's Ocean has been around for many years and would know better than to sell sand containing harmful iron. All of these glass cleaners will pick up sand(any kind of sand) if you get them close to the sand bed. Always before cleaning check for this sand and use a toothbrush or something similar to remove every grain of sand from the cleaner pad, otherwise you will scratch up the glass.
 
Keep your magnet about an inch off the floor near the sand. As said above. Be aware or you will destroy your glass.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new