Should I be running anything else?

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 45 and am trying to figure out what else I should be running in it. In chamber 1 is just the filter sock that came with it and some of the rubble. I don’t really care for running filter socks but not sure what to put there. Chamber 2 has my Tunze 9004 DC skimmer, chamber 3 has my siccee 3.0 return pump and my Tunze ATO, chamber 4 has my heater, and chamber 5 (the second overflow chamber) has an in tank media basket with filter floss (also would like to not run), purigen, and chemi pure elite.

Mr. Brooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I think you got it covered. Now sit back and enjoy your reef!

Do be sure to remove that filter floss after your tank settles down though. You don’t want that stuff sitting there forever. But it is useful during the initial messy set up phase. You might consider replacing it with rock rubble down the line.

OP
OP
L

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I think you got it covered. Now sit back and enjoy your reef!

Do be sure to remove that filter floss after your tank settles down though. You don’t want that stuff sitting there forever. But it is useful during the initial messy set up phase. You might consider replacing it with rock rubble down the line.
Yes I plan on changing that out regularly but ultimately don’t want to run the filter floss or socks.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back