Should I be worried about this seam?

skulls_and_sparrows

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
450
Reaction score
7
Location
Portland, OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently building out my stand for my tank and last night I noticed that in the middle of some silicone there was glass showing...so I looked closer, its on the front pane that attaches to the bottom pane, it's only in the center all edges have silicone.
evupu5et.jpg


2aqepudy.jpg


ujymyvan.jpg


And I also noticed on the seam on the front two panels, it looks as if there was an air bubble and it popped, I can see in bewteen the seam of the panes a bit...

yhagyvu3.jpg


Im waiting to hear from the builder, but thought id see if anyone had any unbiased opinions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
 
That looks like a leak, or a a leak waiting to happen. Does the tank hold water?
 
That looks like a leak, or a a leak waiting to happen. Does the tank hold water?

The maker said they leak tested it and it was fine...but holding water for a little while is a different story, they holding water long term...there is quite a bit of solid silicone before these areas, more the a 1/4", which lots of tanks is all they have of silicone because that the size of the glass...

But this is mu first glass aquarium, ive always had acrylic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
 
i personally have had a number of glass tanks and they are always sealed consistently and totally, no air bubbles or undone areas. if i paid someone to make this special for me they would be fixing it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new