Should I be worried

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5458.JPG
one of my radions went out and the buttons are blinking red. I unplug it or factory reset it from my computer and it comes back on for maybe 15 seconds then goes out again. I've tried plugging in to a different ballast and that doesn't help any. I've gone through all of the trouble shooting that ecotech provides in their website to no avail.

I can't get ahold of ecotech because their offices are closed until Tuesday and by the time I ship the light out, they fix it, and get it back to me it could be another week to week and a half. Should I buy a cheap fixture for the center of my aquarium until I receive it back from ecotech or will the corals under it be ok for maybe 2 weeks?

Things that are effected by the light being out, 10 large polyp of some sort of zoa, 5 small polyp frag of Rasta zoas, 3 inch toadstool leather, monti cap frag, 2 brain frags, and half of my torch

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine. In the ocean what happens when multiple hurricanes cover up the sun for a week to a few weeks. Also u have some lights reflecting there

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine. In the ocean what happens when multiple hurricanes cover up the sun for a week to a few weeks. Also u have some lights reflecting there
Well I guess when you put it that way it doesn't sound so bad lol

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be fine, we do 72 hour complete black outs all the time with no issues.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it turns into a long term thing I probably have a light to borrow. Or if easily moved, just place them of to the sides under the working lights.

Kevin

OP
OP
Wieloch89

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it turns into a long term thing I probably have a light to borrow. Or if easily moved, just place them of to the sides under the working lights.

Kevin
Ecotech fixed my lights and shipped them out today. Should have them tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully anyway lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back