Should I catch and return these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some 'black and gold 'chromis'' from my LFS. They are really small, just over an inch, and I figured my tank has plenty of swimming space. I sort of trusted the LFS and now I did the research that I should have done before..

Apparently they get to 5" and are jerks.. they aren't even really chromis. I've read they should be kept as singles or mated pairs and I have 3. My tank is 50 gallon with mostly peaceful fish. My clowns are approaching 3", Royal Gramma is at least 3.5", shark nose is about 2", and a YWG about 3.5" so the 'chromis' are much smaller than everyone else even the shark nose.


Should I just keep them until/if it becomes a problem? To properly learn my lesson...
 
Last edited:
I would return them now before something gets injured other than your trust. You have learned one lesson and don't need another one. Good luck.
 
I made up my mind they are out of my display. and into a fluval I had live rock in. ugh....
You must have heard me typing?

That's actually kind of creepy....
Ninja Stealing GIF
 
I picked up some 'black and gold 'chromis'' from my LFS. They are really small, just over an inch, and I figured my tank has plenty of swimming space. I sort of trusted the LFS and now I did the research that I should have done before..

Apparently they get to 5" and are jerks.. they aren't even really chromis. I've read they should be kept as singles or mated pairs and I have 3. My tank is 50 gallon with mostly peaceful fish. My clowns are approaching 3", Royal Gramma is at least 3.5", shark nose is about 2", and a YWG about 3.5" so the 'chromis' are much smaller than everyone else even the shark nose.


Should I just keep them until/if it becomes a problem? To properly learn my lesson...
GET RID OF THEM. Nasty fish when they get older and not pretty. Mine is named Troll. He sits under a rock and comes out to just chase other fish around. Butthead.
 
Also not a chromis… its a scarface damsel. No clue why places sell them as black and gold chromis… probably to get rid of them while they are still pretty and little
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new