Should I feed hermit crabs and snails?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pynakerm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pynakerm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
11
Location
Green Bay
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a rather large cleanup crew (probably too large) that has done an excellent job of removing the algae and detritus from my 72G tank. Now that there is much less food and waste (the only other inhabitants are 2 clownfish, an anemone and a few small corals) should I start feeding my CUC and if so, how often?
 
I purchased a rather large cleanup crew (probably too large) that has done an excellent job of removing the algae and detritus from my 72G tank. Now that there is much less food and waste (the only other inhabitants are 2 clownfish, an anemone and a few small corals) should I start feeding my CUC and if so, how often?
Yes, definitely feed them.

I don’t have answer on quantity. For my army of Mexican turbos. I increased their daily ration until food was left over after 24 hours. The 16 big Mexican turbo snails eat one 8x8 inch sheet of dried seaweed or 4 sq inches (2 x 2 inch) each per day. Crabs need meat.
 
Thank you. Based on your response, I better get some food in there quick! I have turbo snails as well. I appreciate your response.
 
I always drop a pinch of pellets that sink to the bottom and my hermits, nassarius and pepermint shrimps have a blast, and still keep the rocks clean. I believe that without the pellets, part of the CuC would starve.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new