Should I frag this Duncan?

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,747
Reaction score
33,751
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Duncan with 5 or 6 branches and I've noticed the all of the heads on one branch do not look good and two appear to have died. I'm wondering if I should just remove the entire affected branch and stick it on plug and see how it goes. It's the one in the foreground. I'm just afraid that whatever is going on with that singe branch may spread to the others but am not really sure. I just hate to loose the whole thing. I had one a few years ago that got brown jelly disease I was only able to save 1 head out of 19. It was a good save tho (it's the one in the background) it didn't act like this one tho when it went south.
20220923_134228.jpg
 
I have this Duncan with 5 or 6 branches and I've noticed the all of the heads on one branch do not look good and two appear to have died. I'm wondering if I should just remove the entire affected branch and stick it on plug and see how it goes. It's the one in the foreground. I'm just afraid that whatever is going on with that singe branch may spread to the others but am not really sure. I just hate to loose the whole thing. I had one a few years ago that got brown jelly disease I was only able to save 1 head out of 19. It was a good save tho (it's the one in the background) it didn't act like this one tho when it went south.
20220923_134228.jpg
I would remove and like you said put on plug, dip, etc. If it has been this way for awhile it may not improve. Good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new