Should I get a larger Calcium Reactor?

Chris Spaulding

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
821
Reaction score
1,101
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says?
Tank 150 Gallon Heavy SPS
Current Reactor Avast Seabones with second chamber.
Media Reborn Course Original
Effluent output 21.2 DKH
Dosing ATM 69ml/m. seaming to have to increase every 2 weeks or so by about 5 ml/m
Going through media fast 3- 4 cups a month.
Reactor PH 6.4
No tank PH problems low end 8.12 high 8.43.
 
Looks good to me. I go through a lot of media in my Ca Reactor too. I have a 180 gal SPS with a 80 gallon frag tank, chock full of frags.
 
At what point do I go to a larger CxR?
Will a larger CxR allow more media contact time raising the Efluent allowing me to turn down the Kmore?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new