Should I get a Zebra Moray

Spitfire109

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been looking at a Zebra Moray eel, I hear they are reef safe and are no danger to inverts, fish, or the owner. And I was wondering if if my tank would be a good home for one, it's a 55 gal reef tank with inverts such as coral banded shrimp, some hermits, snails and soon some cleaner shrimps. My fish include some chromis, cardinals, and a wrasse.
 
Each one has a different personality in my experience. I've seen them do quite well in Reef tanks and I've seen some really wreak havoc! There's always that chance!
 
I have a zebra moray in my 8 footer. I wouldnt say its "safe" with inverts. Ive seen mine following the peppermint shrimp around, trying to eat them, hes just too slow most of the time. Plus they will eat crabs. Otherwise he is a perfect inhabitant.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new