Should I keep dosing ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 180large
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

180large

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2021
Messages
53
Reaction score
32
Location
NORTHEAST
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s my question
Should I continue to dose when my return pump is off ? ( maintenance, feeding etc )
If it’s off how does the dos make up for that lost time ? Won’t this change my alk and ca input ?
Appreciate any insight on this it’s been bugging me.
 
So here’s my question
Should I continue to dose when my return pump is off ? ( maintenance, feeding etc )
If it’s off how does the dos make up for that lost time ? Won’t this change my alk and ca input ?
Appreciate any insight on this it’s been bugging me.
I have mine setup to do the scheduled alkalinity test and then after that it does a schedule AWC. Then after the scheduled AWC it does the dosing. I do not have any feedings scheduled during that time frame. The Alkalinity testing, AWC and dosing is done 4 times a day.
 
Upvote 0
So here’s my question
Should I continue to dose when my return pump is off ? ( maintenance, feeding etc )
If it’s off how does the dos make up for that lost time ? Won’t this change my alk and ca input ?
Appreciate any insight on this it’s been bugging me.
I've never really given this much thought to be honest.... It doesn't seem like the changes would be noticeable either way.
 
Upvote 0
I have mine setup to do the scheduled alkalinity test and then after that it does a schedule AWC. Then after the scheduled AWC it does the dosing. I do not have any feedings scheduled during that time frame. The Alkalinity testing, AWC and dosing is done 4 times a day.
I’m not running the trident just dos.
 
Upvote 0
I’m not running the trident just dos.
I don't have an Apex I have Hydros, but you should be able to do something similar with the Apex. You do not have to do automated testing but if you do then do it before any AWC so the AWC will not interfere with the testing. Basically just schedule other automated things at a different time than your dosing times. If you do AWC then dose afterwards. You would not want to dose and then do a AWC since that may dump some of what you dosed. Give the dosing time to mix with the tank water good first.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new