Should I move filter sock location

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schweb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schweb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Pleasanton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this used sump and I've seen the design where the water goes into a chamber then overflows into the filter socks. Should I change this design?

IMG_2338.JPG


IMG_2337.JPG
 
I like it that way. So easy to remove the sock without juggling the hoses. I am having a replacement sump made and thats the way I asked for it to be done.
 
Hard to tell by pic but the best design is where the pipes from the tank go into one section then water is forced to go through the filter socks to enter in the next section. Like Masterbuilder said that allows you to remove a dirty sock with out having to deal with a pipe inside the sock.

And yes there is an easy way to "un weld" the seam its called a saw or dremel....you are't going to just just "un weld" the seam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new