Should i move this hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Klyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Klyle

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
827
Reaction score
389
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had the hammer on the left for about 6 months. I'm wondering if I should have mounted it so all 4 heads get equal lighting. I'm sure I should have, but now that's it's been in place for 6 months idk. It seems like the upper 2 heads are blocking more and more light from the lower 2, and they are usually much less inflated during the day. They also close up faster at night. I may have just answered my own question, but I would love to hear some other opinions! Leave it alone and let it 'adapt' to the lower lights or reposition it so all heads can grow equally?
20210531_140308.jpg
 
Much less inflated could also be due to any flow difference.
 
Much less inflated could also be due to any flow difference.
Definitely agree but I think the flow is pretty consistent on this side of the tank. The other hammer that's a little lower moves the same as the other one. I think it may be a lighting issue.
 
Always recommend moving hammer when it doesn’t look happy. Ideally to a fixed spot with decent lighting and low/ moderate flow.
It seems to be a lighting issue. I'm on the fence about moving it.
 
Been there 6 months. Leave it alone. It will adapt and grow out.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new