Should I move this mushroom ?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This red Actinodiscus mushroom is being crowded by the pulsing xenia starting to grow over it.

This is a free mushroom and it chose it’s own placement, no matter how hard I tried to keep it somewhere else. Is it going to move by itself now or should I move it ? If I have to move it, any tips not to damage it ?

Thank you !

0E9D8AC3-FC91-4CA8-BE32-314CF46171C3.jpeg

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This red Actinodiscus mushroom is being crowded by the pulsing xenia starting to grow over it.

This is a free mushroom and it chose it’s own placement, no matter how hard I tried to keep it somewhere else. Is it going to move by itself now or should I move it ? If I have to move it, any tips not to damage it ?

Thank you !

0E9D8AC3-FC91-4CA8-BE32-314CF46171C3.jpeg
To be honest I would trim the Xenia back instead of moving the mushroom due to the fact if he want to be there he will no matter how many times you move him plus it stresses him out too much. Just trim the Xenia back it grows fast and it takes over every anyway lol.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I would trim the Xenia back instead of moving the mushroom due to the fact if he want to be there he will no matter how many times you move him plus it stresses him out too much. Just trim the Xenia back it grows fast and it takes over every anyway lol.
I can definitely do that. I was going to wait a little more but yeah, why not do it now.

I’m curious why the mushroom isn’t moving though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back