Should i pull damages anemone?

Southern Fishing Co.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
18
Location
Apex, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesturday one of my Anemones got its side(dime size area) stuck in a wave maker and now his tentacles are only ¼"-⅜" long(they were 3") the mouth and foot are fine and its still inflating n deflating.....qhat should I do? Is it safe to leave in my tank? Thanks.
 
I am not sure about the answer to your question, but I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday. My BTA split and the baby wandered of. I tried to reach in and grab it but it was anchored harder then I thought so I tore the foot.
I decided to leave in rather then try and rip it more.
Today it has wandered into a crevice and still looks somewhat enflated and with good colours, so I think as long as its not loosing colours or has its mouth open or starts to wither apart inside the tank, it will heal.
After all the are capable of splitting in half. :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new