Should I put down my orchid dottyback??

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I posted the other day about my dottyback as tail getting eaten away in qt with I guess too long copper exposure and maybe too much it was at 1.5ppm coppersafe. Anyway he is suffering in pain gasping and hiding in his plant just gasping away. I changed his water and rid of all copper this morning (too late) so I’m wondering if I should put him down and what methods you suggest. This sucks but I messed up big time.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I posted the other day about my dottyback as tail getting eaten away in qt with I guess too long copper exposure and maybe too much it was at 1.5ppm coppersafe. Anyway he is suffering in pain gasping and hiding in his plant just gasping away. I changed his water and rid of all copper this morning (too late) so I’m wondering if I should put him down and what methods you suggest. This sucks but I messed up big time.
Sorry. I am bumping this so someone can help. It sounds to me like you were doing good things. I bet a bad bacteria got him and there’s nothing you could have done.
#reefsqaud

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have access to Clove oil? If you do its one drop per liter...

Its really hard to do, but if you feel like he has no chance then its the right thing to do. Sorry you have to deal with this.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if putting him in the freezer would put him to sleep fast?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if putting him in the freezer would put him to sleep fast?

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your replies I put her down an hour ago I’ve learned a huge lesson about quarantine and copper dosing and will try again with a new dottyback shortly. (My fam loves the orchid dottyback)

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like freezing them is not a good way of doing it. That would be a slow way to go...

The clove oil puts them to sleep, then it does the rest of the job. Sucks but I have had to do this as well.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think Clove oil exists in Canada never heard of it. It’s all good rip violet thanks everyone. I restarted my qt tank again all clean and fresh and brought home a new dottyback my 3 year old has no idea

Back