Should I spin it?

• Total voters

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I'm currently making some tweaks to my tank and am debating rotating my main rock so instead of a cliff it will make fore of a foreground and background. Let me know if you have any suggestions or have done any similar large changes

Screenshot_20221211_140601_Gallery.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi friends,

I'm currently making some tweaks to my tank and am debating rotating my main rock so instead of a cliff it will make fore of a foreground and background. Let me know if you have any suggestions or have done any similar large changes

You can rock and make it a double-arch centerpiece

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rock and make it a double-arch centerpiece
Something like this? I thought about that when fist designing it but thought it might be too rock crowded. But I also was rock focused when building it and didn't think much about future coral grow out. That why my latest thought is it could look like a cool ramp?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My concern is as I get more coral the front will block a lot of it. A lot of the back almost becomes wasted space :/
I feel your pain. Whenever I think there's a lot of wasted space in my tank I shine a flashlight around at night to find the dozens of reef denizens occupying it - and then I don't feel so bad. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a great way of thinking about it!
I found a half dozen fish in spots I never would've guessed they could a) fit into b) would want to fit into and c) would be completely ecstatic with. I've got 50 fish and surprisingly each has carved out their own unique sleeping spot. When the lights go down you can really only find a handful of fish out and about.

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a half dozen fish in spots I never would've guessed they could a) fit into b) would want to fit into and c) would be completely ecstatic with. I've got 50 fish and surprisingly each has carved out their own unique sleeping spot. When the lights go down you can really only find a handful of fish out and about.
Oh wow that's a lot of fish!! I only have 2 little clown fish so they are spoiled and get the whole tank to themselves

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it the way it is... the BTA is in a spot that is away from other corals and you could put a dendro or sun coral upside down under the cliff or in the cave... would look cool.

OP
OP
officialreefbros

officialreefbros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it the way it is... the BTA is in a spot that is away from other corals and you could put a dendro or sun coral upside down under the cliff or in the cave... would look cool.
oh wow, that's an awesome idea! I was just looking them up and that would be sick to have them hanging like that. I definitely have to look into them more now lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back