Should I switch Kalkwasser for a Calcium Reactor?

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 mixed reef. I currently do not dose 2 part and just supplement Kalk in my ATO. 1 teaspoon for each gallon of RODI water. Parameters are normal and consistent. All corals are doing great and my SPS is growing well.

Thing is I have always wanted to try a Calcium Reactor for the added benefits of putting back into the reef. I planned on using Seachem Reef Reactor media which has Calcium, Strontium, magnesium, and potassium in it.

What do you think? Is it worth the switch now or keep doing what is working?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS just released a great video on this subject that I highly suggest watching. They list the pros and cons of each and really put it into perspective to help you come to a conclusion that works for you :)

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS just released a great video on this subject that I highly suggest watching. They list the pros and cons of each and really put it into perspective to help you come to a conclusion that works for you :)

Thank you. I kinda already figured this. Calcium reactors seem to be for tanks with higher demand. My tank is not there yet. I will continue with what I am doing until I just can not keep up anymore. Hopefully that is the end result.. :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back