Should I Use A Heat Pack?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mic209
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mic209

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2012
Messages
332
Reaction score
96
Location
Arroyo Grande, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'll be picking up some corals from a shop out of town this weekend, it will be a mix of SPS, LPS and Zoas. They will have to stay in a foam box overnight in our hotel room, I'd say we will probably keep the hotel room around 65-70 degrees. The low temp where I'm going is suppose to be 57 degrees. I'll be picking up the corals in the evening and then about a 45 minute drive to our hotel, and then back in the car in the morning. Should I worry about using a heat pack overnight?
 
My vote would be no heat pack. The temp isn't going to be real low. Corals adapt better to slightly cooler temps than to hot temps.
 
I always try to pick or have the corals delivered in the morning time if possible to avoid an overnight stay in the bag...
if you can have a thermometer in one of the bags that would help you decide during the night if it makes sense to pop a small heat pack or not.
Again I've had better luck with corals shipping in cooler temp then shipping corals in hot conditions...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new