Should I worry about this…

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my torch has been doing great for the most part except for one of its heads. One of the heads isn’t in direct light but hasn’t shrunk up because of it and still flows in the current. Only reason why I’m suspicious is that it is drooping a little bit and isn’t as green as some of the others (probably because it isn’t in higher light. Should I reposition this torch or let it adapt on its own. It’s the lowest head
image.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral is made to settle in one spot and grow into the conditions of the spot. When we move them they suffer but can adapt if the new location is acceptable. Best practice for coral ( imo) is to glue them in place so that their new location is stable (like they would be in the ocean) and let them adapt to their new home. IF the light is bad below, the energy from the shaded area may be transported towards a more favorable location in the body of the colony. The shaded area may fizzle and die as a result but the coral will have a best chance for the long term if you leave it alone and let it adapt, as you seem to be thinking! GL.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral is made to settle in one spot and grow into the conditions of the spot. When we move them they suffer but can adapt if the new location is acceptable. Best practice for coral ( imo) is to glue them in place so that their new location is stable (like they would be in the ocean) and let them adapt to their new home. IF the light is bad below, the energy from the shaded area may be transported towards a more favorable location in the body of the colony. The shaded area may fizzle and die as a result but the coral will have a best chance for the long term if you leave it alone and let it adapt, as you seem to be thinking! GL.
Thanks. That’s what I do and was thinking

Back