Should I worry about this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,692
Reaction score
2,294
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Banggai cardinal either found a fresh blue legged hermit molt, or he caught one out of its shell? He’s still swimming around showing off his catch!

Sorry for the blue pics, I can’t find my orange lens and our house is currently torn apart for a floor remodel.
IMG_0418.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg
 
I would say it probably just found a molt, I've never heard of bangai cardinals going after hermits, and It might not even be capable of pulling one out
 
It seems to be going down deeper when I checked on him just now. Maybe he will get it down. I would hate to have to pass that later on though!!! 😱😱😱
 
It seems to be going down deeper when I checked on him just now. Maybe he will get it down. I would hate to have to pass that later on though!!! 😱😱😱

I’ve never seen one try to tackle a crab like that.

I normally try to avoid interceding in cases like this, for fear of causing more damage, but I should point out that fossil fish are sometimes found having choked while eating too large of a prey item…..
 
I’ve never seen one try to tackle a crab like that.

I normally try to avoid interceding in cases like this, for fear of causing more damage, but I should point out that fossil fish are sometimes found having choked while eating too large of a prey item…..
There is no way that i could catch him without tearing my tank apart. I just moved it yesterday due to a flooring change, and it is doing well (other than this piggy eating a crab molt). I'll let nature take over and we will see what happens. He might become crab food himself???
 
My Banggai cardinal either found a fresh blue legged hermit molt, or he caught one out of its shell? He’s still swimming around showing off his catch!

Sorry for the blue pics, I can’t find my orange lens and our house is currently torn apart for a floor remodel.
IMG_0418.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg
Is it just me, or do Bangaii Cardinals look even cooler with fangs?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new