Show me no name Tenuis

see what I mean? I mean it's a bit hard to tell from this pic (may be my monitor) but yellow polyps, green skin and pink/purple radial corallites... not overrated. Takes skill to get those BigR colors out of them.
I get that you like the coral and I think it is pretty, but I just prefer a different style.
 
I love "no namers". I live near AquaSD and love grabbing things there. Since you want to see progression and tenuis, here is a tenuis I bought as a "Blue Mammoth" from them for $20 or so.

Also have some other non tenuis that are from them that have a sweet progression.

P_20231013_152429.jpg


P_20231013_211132.jpg

P_20231013_211638.jpg

P_20231018_085523.jpg

P_20231110_184123.jpg

P_20231115_202156.jpg

P_20231128_202645.jpg
P_20231128_202725.jpg
P_20231201_150433.jpg

P_20231211_160747_1.jpg

P_20240102_182742.jpg
P_20240121_101850.jpg

P_20240220_183748.jpg


I bought it as plain blue. It quickly developed purples and teal colors.
That is what I'm talking about, baby blue with purples and pinks, that is what the best tenuis looks like to me and very nice progression from darker blue to that stunner, the other ones on the last photo are really good as well this is what is getting me interested in tenuis, is that you make put different ones on the same rock and it's like a rainbow tenuis rock, and there should be no fighting.
 
Sorry if this is a dumb question. What's an easy way for a newb to tell the difference between tenuis from other acros?
Eventually you can see the difference, kinda like how someone who knows nothing about dogs might not know the difference between an English Bulldog and a French Bulldog
 
Eventually you can see the difference, kinda like how someone who knows nothing about dogs might not know the difference between an English Bulldog and a French Bulldog
I dunno, there is a pretty obvious difference between those two :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Screenshot_20241224-151850.png
 
I dunno, there is a pretty obvious difference between those two :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Screenshot_20241224-151850.png
And with time the difference between tenuis and many other acros will also be obvious. But some acros can look more similar too, going back to dogs... like a whippet and a greyhound.
 
That is what I'm talking about, baby blue with purples and pinks, that is what the best tenuis looks like to me and very nice progression from darker blue to that stunner, the other ones on the last photo are really good as well this is what is getting me interested in tenuis, is that you make put different ones on the same rock and it's like a rainbow tenuis rock, and there should be no fighting.
This was also a no namer tenuis from aquaSD.
P_20231128_202142.jpg


Tenuis aren't the only ones though. No idea what kind of acro this is, but cool regardless.
P_20231019_210605.jpg

P_20240424_193242.jpg
 
However, you made a statement that WD is overrated, when in fact it's one of the prettiest tenuis, let alone acros, that we have in the hobby.

Pretty is subjective. It is a lot like art some people find that the Mona Lisa is an overrated painting. It is just their opinion just as it being your absolute favorite is. You can't really put 'a matter of fact' on this as it is just an opinion.
 
I love "no namers". I live near AquaSD and love grabbing things there. Since you want to see progression and tenuis, here is a tenuis I bought as a "Blue Mammoth" from them for $20 or so.

Also have some other non tenuis that are from them that have a sweet progression.

P_20231013_152429.jpg


P_20231013_211132.jpg

P_20231013_211638.jpg

P_20231018_085523.jpg

P_20231110_184123.jpg

P_20231115_202156.jpg

P_20231128_202645.jpg
P_20231128_202725.jpg
P_20231201_150433.jpg

P_20231211_160747_1.jpg

P_20240102_182742.jpg
P_20240121_101850.jpg

P_20240220_183748.jpg


I bought it as plain blue. It quickly developed purples and teal colors.
That thing is beautiful. Nice work.
 
Pretty is subjective. It is a lot like art some people find that the Mona Lisa is an overrated painting. It is just their opinion just as it being your absolute favorite is. You can't really put 'a matter of fact' on this as it is just an opinion.
I mean, if you are color blind to yellow or just hate that color, then this statement holds true.
1735076877739.jpeg
 
Sorry if this is a dumb question. What's an easy way for a newb to tell the difference between tenuis from other acros?
Coralites and growth.
This was also a no namer tenuis from aquaSD.
P_20231128_202142.jpg


Tenuis aren't the only ones though. No idea what kind of acro this is, but cool regardless.
P_20231019_210605.jpg

P_20240424_193242.jpg
dang the pink on the first one is awesome I love pink in tenuis, is so saturated.
 
It has nothing to do with color or the name. Not sure why you are struggling with the concept.

Hope your evening is well.
Haha, I'm just poking some fun. I hope your evening is well too. No need to be completely serious about everything said.

Merry Christmas Eve to all on this thread or forum.

More to the original point of the post, I think you can buy no namers and color them up perfectly fine. The one point to be noted though is that you take risks with maricultured or wild across with either pests or their ability to thrive in reef tanks. Old lineage acros have the advantage of adapting to reef tanks and Remy from Reef Builders has stated that the Walt Disney is a very hearty acro. My RRC Rainbow Splice has survived spikes and dips in alk and is a survivor as well. I've lost plenty of wild acros as much as I've found success with them.
 
Heres a good example of some color changing.

Ordered
Screenshot_20241224_221759_Gallery.jpg


Received this..same coral..as they color down from fragging/shipping
Screenshot_20241224_221605_Gallery.jpg


A month or so later it was this
Screenshot_20241224_221724_Gallery.jpg


So..taking shots on no name things is fun to me. Sometimes it pays off...sometimes it's ehh. But...there is an inherent excitement of it.

Heres a no name spath that worked out nicely. Although I'm pretty sure it's classified as a mille now..always changing
Screenshot_20241224_222216_Gallery.jpg
 
Heres a good example of some color changing.

Ordered
Screenshot_20241224_221759_Gallery.jpg


Received this..same coral..as they color down from fragging/shipping
Screenshot_20241224_221605_Gallery.jpg


A month or so later it was this
Screenshot_20241224_221724_Gallery.jpg


So..taking shots on no name things is fun to me. Sometimes it pays off...sometimes it's ehh. But...there is an inherent excitement of it.

Heres a no name spath that worked out nicely. Although I'm pretty sure it's classified as a mille now..always changing
Screenshot_20241224_222216_Gallery.jpg
That tenuis looks completely different, amazing how it changed to a color that wasn't even aparent, spaths are very colorful but I never tried them, read that they are very difficult but they are very rare where I live and there are always more important corals when I get to the LFS. Will go with just tenuis for now and then maybe I will try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new