Show me some DIY sump plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katrina71
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
First ever plumbing job. My advice, plan, plan some more, then plan again. Take your time, oh, and plan. One of the bigger pains is mocking everything up. Be carefull to make sure all joints are seated all the way. Here is the pain part, getting all the fittings back apart lol. Another tip, when gluing, make sure to keep pressure on the pieces for a few seconds to keep them seated all the way until the glue sets. Especially when gluing unions. They seem to really want to push the pipe back out. I have zero plumbing experience and am happy to say the only leaks I had were the bulkhead. I originally didnt want to overtighten them but guess i didnt get them tight enough. My last tip, I highly recommend paying extra and going with a gate valve on the drain. I went with a ball valve and regret it. Would be way easier to dial in the overflow.

20230507_172600.jpg 20230507_172020.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new