OP
ldreefer

ldreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FullSizeRender.jpg
That looks like the same tank as mine, 48x18x21?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you go anywhere in particular for the rock(s) on the right? I'm trying to find something exactly like that (tall, but with minimal sandbed usage) but not sure where to start.
I bought the rock through Amazon.com. Search "Nature's Ocean 12-Inch Coral Base Rocks for Aquarium, 40-Pound" you get approx. 3 big pieces and a few smalls in one box. It was the best price I could find for good looking dry base rock. I ordered 2 boxes and made what you see in the photo. I had to "make" the tall structure out of one good vertical looking piece, but I broke up and then glued several pieces together to end up with the tall tower like structure. I used "apoxie sculpt", gel super glue and Bob Smith's super glue accelerator to "glue" it all together. I was kinda fun.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you go anywhere in particular for the rock(s) on the right? I'm trying to find something exactly like that (tall, but with minimal sandbed usage) but not sure where to start.

I bought the rock through Amazon. Search "Nature's Ocean 12-Inch Coral Base Rocks for Aquarium, 40-Pound" you get approx. 3 big pieces and a few smalls in one box. It was the best price I could find for good looking dry base rock. I ordered 2 boxes and made what you see in the photo. I had to "make" the tall structure out of one good vertical looking piece, but I broke up and then glued several pieces together to end up with the tall tower like structure. I used "apoxie sculpt", gel super glue and Bob Smith's super glue accelerator to "glue" it all together. I was kinda fun.

Scott 9r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Probably my favorite so far, that looks awesome.

Thanks, I drilled the tank which I procrastinated doing for a while because I was worried, but it went well. I'm a newbie to the forum... perhaps I'll start a new build thread.

Cheers!

OP
OP
ldreefer

ldreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks, I drilled the tank which I procrastinated doing for a while because I was worried, but it went well. I'm a newbie to the forum... perhaps I'll start a new build thread.

Cheers!
Yeah you should. I've drilled a few tanks in the past and the first one is definitely scary, but once you do it once it gets pretty easy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back