show me your beautiful anemones

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in April I purchased a bleached rose bta from a local reefer for $40. I knew ahead of time that the colors would almost certainly fade and that the bright pink/translucent tips would darken. I assumed I'd have your plain Jane rbta or, best case scenario, a "rainbow" bta. Side note, how is it that 2 toned anemones/corals get dubbed "rainbow"? It was always my impression that a rainbow was a plethora of colors. End rant.

As the weeks(and months) progressed, the anemone has regained color. A lot of it. It also split back in July. Anyway, I am more than happy with the results. Unfortunately, my only camera is my iPhone.. So the photo doesn't even give them justice. No filters, no touch ups, just iPhone camera.

Let me see some beautiful nemies!!![

7019a0c8524703557a07a097c23359bc.jpg

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is 1 of my nems. What you are seeing is about 9" across. The foot is close to the bottom and on the other side of the rock. The outer tentacles lost their bubbles recently because I changed the flow.
584e5f3b2165958006ca8f681f535ca1.jpg

Fredi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a rbta as well got him about 5 months ago did well in my tank for about two months then lost almost all of his color and shrunk to about 1/4 of its size could you guys give me any tips to bring it back?
I also have a rock nem that was bleached out and he recovered very well in my tank and is about twice his original size.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back