Show me your steel stand cabinets!

  • Thread starter Thread starter benapilot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

benapilot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
578
Location
Wasilla, Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got an SCA 150 gallon aquarium on the way and having a friend build a steel stand for me. I plan on making wood cabinet fronts, fully removable, attached with magnets. I need inspiration for the build!
Let’s see what you’ve got!

Here’s the stand at the fabricators:
CB66F6F0-B4E0-41C8-8ED6-F648491E1EEB.jpeg
 
Instead of magnets I went with knurled knobs screwed into T-nuts on the back sides of the panels. The stand has tabs in the corners with holes drilled in them that that knobs go through.

IMG_0636.JPG

stand-1.jpg

stand-0.jpg
 
EB5AC222-8CDF-4652-8ED9-63292680C204.jpeg
B7771275-C1A7-4CB3-9195-558B282CC09E.jpeg
 
Beautiful woodwork on that!
Thanks, I can't take the credit - a friend who is a hobbyist woodworker built it for me out of alder, with alder-veneer plywood for the inner door panels. He has since moved to Mexico so I can't get him to build more stuff for me!
 
1.5" tubular steel, powdercoated
1/4" steel plate
3/4" oak ply

20201103_193131.jpg
 
Heres the stand for my 180
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 89

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new