Show off those great CUBE TANK AQUASCAPES!

ccanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As time passes it matures nicely!

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpeg
    IMG_1211.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1123.jpeg
    IMG_1123.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 17

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been scaping a 93g cube. I'm finding that it definitely needs taller rock to make it not look dwarfed. I'm thinking I need some 18" tall rock for 24" depth. Thoughts?

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would caution going to high... or as another option I would recommend setting up so you can easily remove/move the top 6" of rock work. The coral will grow and once they reach the water line you will need to frag drastically or upgrade.

Some of my coral has reached the water line, however I am in the process of an upgrade. It just is not happening as fast as I would like. :)

Here was my original rock structure, (The aquarium was not full of water yet) All cemented as one piece. My plan is to pick up and set into new aquarium. I should have made with removeable sections.

Being able to remove sections of rock would have provided advantages

1711125824053.png

1711126582304.png

Last edited:

HP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you out there that are building scapes with dry rock I would try "FUZE*IT", it is a hybrid Liquid Nails.
Friend of mine works for NASA and is into reefing.
He told me this stuff is a commercially available version of the stuff that the reentry tiles on the space shuttle were attached with.
Keep in mind he is a friend that would tell me that just so I would say this on some post. :)
He is a Reef to Reef member, and I'm sure he would love to see me say that when it is not true just for the fun of it.
I don't care if it held the tiles on or not, it sure holds rock together.
I built my dry scape with this and could not be happier with it's grip.
Day one I put small amount on where I knew the rocks were in contact with each other. Once those points set (about 24 hours) I filled in gaps with a liberal amount. I let it dry for another 24 hours and it held "Like a Rock" :).
Did a test try on two small pieces. after 24 they held, then filled the gap with a bunch of the stuff. I mean a bunch like 2X what it required. After 24 hours I took the pieces apart (with great effort) and about 1/4 of the big glob was still wet but cured part was really like a rock.
I need more live rock in my tank and the tube said it sets faster with a wet surface.
Going to go to my LFS, buy some live rock and build a structure and see how it goes. I will wrap the structure with salt water wetted news paper (just like live rock is shipped in when buying online) while the stuff dry's.
I'll let you know how that goes. If the stuff kills the live rock I'll let you know.
So far my new tank setup chemistry is fine (it's been running for about 6 weeks) with only one piece of live rock to seed the tank.
I have two softies and two fish in the tank and they are quite happy.
The stuff is gray but I figure coralline algae will cover that.
Just thought you dry rock builders should know about this option.

Rick
@Richard Schmidt Do you know if this can be used while rocks are in water?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back