Show Off Your Custom Wood Canopies and Stands

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the plan for my 150g but got to find a job first or hit the lottery.
bc982750.jpg

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my canopy/cabinet. The stand is the regular oceanic stand. I designed the rest to be built around the existing tank, which has been running for 13 years. All water containers, RO, new SW, and autotopoff resevoir live in the cabinet to the left of the display. First image shows 3D rendering of the design, followed by images of the actual unit.

3dnewv2.jpg

unitclosednoflash.jpg

unitopenleft.jpg

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine:

IMG_8507.jpg

This last shot was with my iPhone, so it doesn't look that great. The canopy is bolted to the wall, and flips up. Gives a "floating" look.

Very nice - love the cube!

Here's mine I finished building in Feb.
a6890ed9-d4af-578b.jpg

Front of the canopy opens up, but I covered the gap with trim.
a6890ed9-d4f3-509c.jpg

Very nice - did you use oak on that?

My 75 gallon with a 30 long DIY sump. Two odyssea quad T5 fixtures 4 actinic, 2 10000k, 2 6500k. Corallife 125 superskimmer. Mag drive 18 with scwd wave maker that also supplies my biopellet reactor, GFO, carbon reactors.
IMG_20120324_115901.jpg

It had two drawers but I took on out to make room for my skimmer.

Whoops - what happpened to the pictures?

Here's my canopy/cabinet. The stand is the regular oceanic stand. I designed the rest to be built around the existing tank, which has been running for 13 years. All water containers, RO, new SW, and autotopoff resevoir live in the cabinet to the left of the display. First image shows 3D rendering of the design, followed by images of the actual unit.

unitclosednoflash.jpg

Holy Cow, what a nice clean cabinet look! Might have to steal some ideas from this one.

Beaucajun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been going back through pictures, drooling, truly amazing craftsmanship. Everything from simplistic, sleek, modern, traditional, from one end of the spectrum to the other and yet each are beautiful work's of art!

VB I love how everything is out of sight and has it's place. I love every detail! Wow! How long did it take you to finish/build?

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All credit on the stand build goes to Kevin Koplen in Ark. He does amazing work. He only took him a few weeks to do the build. I am very happy with it. The doors and trim match the kitchen cabinets and the fireplace. Also, love the hidden door on the end.

Beaucajun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All credit on the stand build goes to Kevin Koplen in Ark. He does amazing work. He only took him a few weeks to do the build. I am very happy with it. The doors and trim match the kitchen cabinets and the fireplace. Also, love the hidden door on the end.

That he does, amazing work! I can't believe he built it in a few weeks, I was blown away to begin with but now I'm practically speechless, almost, I'm so guilty of rambling at times or so I'm told lol.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished this up for a friend of mine. It's 1 stand for his 120g and 57g with a 75g sump in the cabinet. Also a canopy for the 120 and a "floating" canopy for the 57 to keep the rimless look.
6y2a2a7e.jpg
jesa5uju.jpg
a8agapy3.jpg
ume8uvur.jpg
y8usadah.jpg
9ajahy7a.jpg
5avydusu.jpg

Just have to fix some little things like the light leaking through.

Last edited:

reno fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beutifull work my stand is still unfinished im going to rilly need to step up my game i was going with cheep panaling thanks for the insperation to do beter

Ep3n3wp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring this back from the dead...
But was searching stands because I'm getting ready to rebuild one for my 75gal

Awesome stands and craftsmanship!!!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back