Show Off Your Custom Wood Canopies and Stands

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@urbaneks That is just one big hunk of awesomeness right there! Do you have a build thread for this beauty? Would love to see more. Thanks for sharing.

kevinn9369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My latest and greatest diy led/ canopy... Just gotta work with the wiring when the new tank is up....;)
b39ece77.jpg

f8da629c.jpg
It looks good I'm fixing to do the same thing

kevinn9369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished this up for a friend of mine. It's 1 stand for his 120g and 57g with a 75g sump in the cabinet. Also a canopy for the 120 and a "floating" canopy for the 57 to keep the rimless look.
6y2a2a7e.jpg
jesa5uju.jpg
a8agapy3.jpg
ume8uvur.jpg
y8usadah.jpg
9ajahy7a.jpg
5avydusu.jpg

Just have to fix some little things like the light leaking through.
This is awesome nice work

steiger33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1454042010.728624.jpg

Here is my frag tank stand my brother and I finished. Now we need to do a canopy for the DT. I can say it doesn't compare to some of these stands. They are a work in progress. I want to build more after seeing these.

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything about this build is awesome. I want one.

Crued-much appreciated. If you live in Arizona, I'd be happy to help you build one. [emoji1]

@urbaneks That is just one big hunk of awesomeness right there! Do you have a build thread for this beauty? Would love to see more. Thanks for sharing.

Fin-thanks! No build thread here on reef2reef. I have one on the other forum. You can find it by searching urbanek's 250

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Un freakin believable, just when I think one build looks awesome another pops up, theres a lot of talented people out there GREAT WORK for real. Keep it up love this.

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that alot of these builds look like "A Work of Art", can't wait to see more.

Aaron Gustafson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the cabinet that I built. The beam, doors and counter are made from reclaimed barn wood. Feel free to PM me with questions. Thanks for looking.

Here is a FTS Including the beam which came out of a 150 year old barn in Penn.​

Another FTS​

Before water went in - You can see how the counter turned out. The counters use to be barn floors, in the same barn the beam came from. I left the boards with heavy distressing.​

Here is a close up of the doors. The doors were made from barn fencing that came from Kentucky. All 4 doors can be removed to make maintenance easier.

Here is a shot with the front doors removed. I used 2x8 headers across the top to avoid a center beam. Makes access to the sump very easy.​

Here is a shot with all the doors removed and the trap door that conceals my cords​

Love it!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Arts and Crafts Stand for my 120gal reef system.
Built with Rift-sawn Red Oak and finished with a custom stain and painted panels and trim.

And here's a second one I built for a client; but with a full sized canopy to cover the tank.

And my latest model scaled down for a Fluval M60.

Awesome. Thank you for sharing.

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the cabinet that I built. The beam, doors and counter are made from reclaimed barn wood. Feel free to PM me with questions. Thanks for looking.

Here is a FTS Including the beam which came out of a 150 year old barn in Penn.​

Another FTS​

Before water went in - You can see how the counter turned out. The counters use to be barn floors, in the same barn the beam came from. I left the boards with heavy distressing.​

Here is a close up of the doors. The doors were made from barn fencing that came from Kentucky. All 4 doors can be removed to make maintenance easier.

Here is a shot with the front doors removed. I used 2x8 headers across the top to avoid a center beam. Makes access to the sump very easy.​

Here is a shot with all the doors removed and the trap door that conceals my cords​
Love this one, especially the beam.

Rlynch818

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Another FTS​

This is, hands down, the most beautiful stand I have every seen! Freaking amazing!

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Arts and Crafts Stand for my 120gal reef system.
Built with Rift-sawn Red Oak and finished with a custom stain and painted panels and trim.

And here's a second one I built for a client; but with a full sized canopy to cover the tank.

And my latest model scaled down for a Fluval M60.

Gorgeous!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 108 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 117 47.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 8.9%
Back