Show off your DIY solutions

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2019
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
3,040
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see some of your diy projects

My most recent project was very simple, achieving the look of an expensive resevior but at a fraction of the price.

3gallon beta tank+paint
20200125_195042.jpg


= poor mans ato resevior
20200125_195029.jpg


20200126_152932.jpg

All in $39
 
I'd love to see some of your diy projects

My most recent project was very simple, achieving the look of an expensive resevior but at a fraction of the price.

3gallon beta tank+paint
20200125_195042.jpg


= poor mans ato resevior
20200125_195029.jpg


20200126_152932.jpg

All in $39
Awsome , WOW!!!
 
I made my own ATO reservoir too. I built a 12" cube out of acrylic and hide it in a leather wrapped storage ottoman. I have a second one on the other side that holds all my fragging, feeding, and acclimating junk.
Also made my stand, canopy, light rack, and sump. Figured if I can do it and save money why not.

20190816_093140.jpg
20190816_091808.jpg
20190106_163753.jpg

20200122_145917.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new