Show Off Your Large Tank Aquascape :)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to see with all the coral, but my 7' tank actually has 3 separate rock structures.
And there are lots of caves and pass throughs built into them and space behind.

i-X9Jw95s.jpg

Candyapplezoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 240 reef Penninsula tank

Attachments

• 1435883032883.jpg
    1435883032883.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 1435883055509.jpg
    1435883055509.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 471
  • 1435883095480.jpg
    1435883095480.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 506

charleslotz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is a member of the family , he has a.5 " streamer ,... His name is "vlosswim" ... ( my 5 year old son named him after our bulldog , blossom , as fish blossom coz he is so fat,... " 9 inch ,... 1 inch thick,... Been with me for two years 4 months and three with another member had hlle was kept in 150 gallon but in the 400 he totally healed...and that member still mails me to see how he is doing after 2 years and 4 months .... So totally tank raised , and a special fish ... Does not eat any Sps but loves Zoa's, Acan , the usual ... Soft fleshy LPS... Not torch, frog, hammer.... Kinda built the tank around him , ... For swim space... He grunts when he is hungry and eats from my hand,.... And he allows my son the pat him....

Tried to get him a mate ,... Unsuccessfully ,... Difficult to get them to pair ,... Limited literatures however read that in the wild they only pair for mating season,... Sure experts can chime in.

Love him ,... Trust him with some expensive sps and rainbow torch...., undoubtedly king of his domain amazing personality ... And is spoilt with fresh clams and feeder shrimp weekly...and a brain or Zoa coral every now and then ,... To me every reef tank should have a large angel ,.... To keep the tangs in check.... The purple tang is stunted and it was a rescue about 4 years ago ,... He is a little crazy and hates all fish ,... Emporer keeps him inline... One grunt and the purple yields to vlosswim ...

To answer your question directly ,... In my experience some tips.....
1) nothing can prepare you for the large bio load ,.... I have had to add several marine pure blocks in my sump 4 in total ,... To cope with the.... Load....
2) they need swin space ,... And lage cave to feel safe, 6 foot is no good.
3) I have not seen a streamer on a captive emporer , to me this is amazing ... And a sign of a happy fish...
4) they are generally not aggressive ,... Unless you try and give him a emporer friend....
5) I am not an expert but in my humble opinion , a sand bed is asking for trouble ,... I had some real issues , don't think the sand bed in our normal reef tanks can cope with that size bio load ,... I was always cleaning the sand and could not keep it clean ,... Removed the sand and added allot of flow and thing are mush better,....
6) I ran all in one bio pellets and could not keep po4 and nitrate in check .... I have been running VSV method and things have improved over 6 months .... And parmatitors in check and are are stable for approx 4 months,... But my dosing is significantly more than recommended. I occasionally run a 2nd large skimmer.... I also whent through a zeovit phase and again don't believe zeo could keep up.....

I am not inviting a debate and this is my personal experience I realize I could have had other issues relating to the denitrification challenges I had .... But I was meticulous in my approach and tips are personal observations...

lluv24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is a member of the family , he has a.5 " streamer ,... His name is "vlosswim" ... ( my 5 year old son named him after our bulldog , blossom , as fish blossom coz he is so fat,... " 9 inch ,... 1 inch thick,... Been with me for two years 4 months and three with another member had hlle was kept in 150 gallon but in the 400 he totally healed...and that member still mails me to see how he is doing after 2 years and 4 months .... So totally tank raised , and a special fish ... Does not eat any Sps but loves Zoa's, Acan , the usual ... Soft fleshy LPS... Not torch, frog, hammer.... Kinda built the tank around him , ... For swim space... He grunts when he is hungry and eats from my hand,.... And he allows my son the pat him....

Tried to get him a mate ,... Unsuccessfully ,... Difficult to get them to pair ,... Limited literatures however read that in the wild they only pair for mating season,... Sure experts can chime in.

Love him ,... Trust him with some expensive sps and rainbow torch...., undoubtedly king of his domain amazing personality ... And is spoilt with fresh clams and feeder shrimp weekly...and a brain or Zoa coral every now and then ,... To me every reef tank should have a large angel ,.... To keep the tangs in check.... The purple tang is stunted and it was a rescue about 4 years ago ,... He is a little crazy and hates all fish ,... Emporer keeps him inline... One grunt and the purple yields to vlosswim ...

To answer your question directly ,... In my experience some tips.....
1) nothing can prepare you for the large bio load ,.... I have had to add several marine pure blocks in my sump 4 in total ,... To cope with the.... Load....
2) they need swin space ,... And lage cave to feel safe, 6 foot is no good.
3) I have not seen a streamer on a captive emporer , to me this is amazing ... And a sign of a happy fish...
4) they are generally not aggressive ,... Unless you try and give him a emporer friend....
5) I am not an expert but in my humble opinion , a sand bed is asking for trouble ,... I had some real issues , don't think the sand bed in our normal reef tanks can cope with that size bio load ,... I was always cleaning the sand and could not keep it clean ,... Removed the sand and added allot of flow and thing are mush better,....
6) I ran all in one bio pellets and could not keep po4 and nitrate in check .... I have been running VSV method and things have improved over 6 months .... And parmatitors in check and are are stable for approx 4 months,... But my dosing is significantly more than recommended. I occasionally run a 2nd large skimmer.... I also whent through a zeovit phase and again don't believe zeo could keep up.....

I am not inviting a debate and this is my personal experience I realize I could have had other issues relating to the denitrification challenges I had .... But I was meticulous in my approach and tips are personal observations...
Thanks for your input. It truly is a really nice angel you have there! I might just have to get one;-)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good everyone!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back