Show off your Mangroves!

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some pretty neat mangrove setups in the past, never had that great of one other than chucking a couple in my sump. Would love to see yours!

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not gotten any hits on this, I know there are people that have mangroves!

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't have any but it think a mangrove tank with white find substrate, some bangaii cardinals, like 3 bsj and a school of blue gudgeons or scissortail dartfish would be a simple awesome tank . Maybe some micro algae and a lilttle rock here or ther

Last edited:

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a couple years ago seeing one on RC where a guy had a tank built in to a window ledge that was full of mangroves and plumbed into the tank. Maybe I can find it again. It was a really cool idea.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't have any but it think a mangrove tank with white find substrate, some bangaii cardinals, like 3 bsj and a school of blue gudgeons or scissortail dartfish would be a simple awesome tank . Maybe some micro algae and a lilttle rock here or ther
That sounds like a really cool idea actually, sort of like a bamboo forest lol.

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a couple years ago seeing one on RC where a guy had a tank built in to a window ledge that was full of mangroves and plumbed into the tank. Maybe I can find it again. It was a really cool idea.
Hey Drew, if you could find that I would appreciate it. Sounds like a cool thread.

WrasseSandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine, I made a acrylic holder to hold them up right and roots exposed

a6890aa0-5722-6b19.jpg

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive never had mangroves, what exatly are the benifites and down falls of keeping them. has any one noticed a difference in there tank after adding them?

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read they have to be pretty large to have any nutrient export benefits. They also soak up mag and their roots can be invasive if left unchecked. I read one thread where the mangrove's roots dug into the silicone of the tank. They are pretty awesome though as far as the way they grow. I went snorkeling in a mangrove forest in a lagoon once it was great. It would be really cool to have a tank set up with the mangrove as the focal point.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know why PB is messing up, but I am aware and fixing it as you make fun!

Not photobucket- if the link has a percent sign, the software on R2R is still have a glitch with it, so the first percent sign in your post will apear as such % which breaks the link

Typically why my picture posts have a Gratuitous Percent Sign, or a GPS :bigsmile:

CalmSeasQuest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the nicest tank containing Mangroves I've ever seen. It was at the DFS booth at MACNA last year. Obviously it was just for the show, but it was spectacular - A tri-level tank with two of the three levels being zero-edge and baby Bangais in the Mangroves...

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome I can just imagine the that part being like 50 times bigger with about 100 mangroves and like 30 of the bangaiis

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the nicest tank containing Mangroves I've ever seen. It was at the DFS booth at MACNA last year. Obviously it was just for the show, but it was spectacular - A tri-level tank with two of the three levels being zero-edge and baby Bangais in the Mangroves...

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg
That is the sickest tank i have seen. You can come up with so many cool things to do with it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back