Show Off Your Oldest Fish

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this thread can catch wind and eventually become a sticky-
I would love to see everyone share the oldest fish you have in your tank. A photo and description of how many year you've kept this fish in your tank.
My tank is relatively new to most of the members here, but I've had my blond naso tang for nearly four years, I am hoping to keep it for another decade or two!
Now let's see your oldest fish!
IMG_3695.jpeg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown is about 10, I have had her about 8 or 9 years, I took her from a mate who had to move it out due to aggression.
He wasn't allowed to take it back to the shop by his son (yes it was called Nemo) so it had to find a new home, his son came with him when we met at the lfs to make sure I took it! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x729).jpg

With her little man, he is about 7. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x722).jpg

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome fish! None of my fish are super old but I do have a brittle starfish that's gotta be like 8yrs old by now
I'm curious to find out the life expectancy for echinoderms. Has your brittle split or tried to spawn? I've caught my brittle stars spawn- especially after using the lunar cycling light program.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my female clown. I was told she was 6 years old when I got her about a year ago. She was in pretty bad shape when I got her. But she has healed up nicely and is the boss of the tank lol. Her name is Ginger lol
8D50D7D5-F53D-4D1B-BEB9-463010F914E2.jpeg
Lots of respect for people who rescue an oldie and rehabs them! hope this clown gets to enjoy many more years in your system!

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown is about 10, I have had her about 8 or 9 years, I took her from a mate who had to move it out due to aggression.
He wasn't allowed to take it back to the shop by his son (yes it was called Nemo) so it had to find a new home, his son came with him when we met at the lfs to make sure I took it! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x729).jpg

With her little man, he is about 7. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x722).jpg
Lovely! did they pair up right away when you introduce them?

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a jumbo clownfish that is a retired breeder fish, she is the biggest clown I have ever seen. Must be over 5 years or older, she has retired to my reef tank and has a lot of personality.

IMG_0644.jpeg
is that a clarkii? looks like she has a partner in crime even at retirement, have they attempted to continue breeding?

Back