Show off your PVC plumbing skills

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is very basic but I love the way it turned out!

IMG_20170206_122822.jpg

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is very basic but I love the way it turned out!

IMG_20170206_122822.jpg

Sweet color combo ;)

I just turned mine into a Herbie setup and had lots of issues with getting the siphon and emergency to take on the full flow when the pump would kick back on after power failure tests. I'd recommend switching the gate valve to the smaller line and having the large pipe be your emergency.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet color combo ;)

I just turned mine into a Herbie setup and had lots of issues with getting the siphon and emergency to take on the full flow when the pump would kick back on after power failure tests. I'd recommend switching the gate valve to the smaller line and having the large pipe be your emergency.
Thanks!

I've run Herbie's for years with zero issues. It takes about 30 minutes or so for them to equalize again after an outage. The smaller pipe is only 1/2" and no way I'm running that as a siphon. The possibility of a clog are crazy high.

My issue with this setup is the 1/2" emergency can't handle a 100% block of the main drain. I've got a few things I'm going to try to help fix that but I might have to turn the return into an emergency as well and run a return up the back, which I really don't want to do. I do have things in place to prevent a full clog however. Overflow cover, strainer on drain and I can easily remove my drain at the union and clean it all.

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I've run Herbie's for years with zero issues. It takes about 30 minutes or so for them to equalize again after an outage. The smaller pipe is only 1/2" and no way I'm running that as a siphon. The possibility of a clog are crazy high.

My issue with this setup is the 1/2" emergency can't handle a 100% block of the main drain. I've got a few things I'm going to try to help fix that but I might have to turn the return into an emergency as well and run a return up the back, which I really don't want to do. I do have things in place to prevent a full clog however. Overflow cover, strainer on drain and I can easily remove my drain at the union and clean it all.

Hi guys!
I run a simple durso and takes less than 1 min to equalize.
For emergency I have a simple open tube a few inches above water line and several inches above water level at the sump so I can easily ear the water falling in case the durso gets stuck...

robbie8691

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 120 that I hard Plumbed as well as my Aqua UV Sterilizer w/ a Flow Meter.

TANK INFO
120 Mixed Reef
Ecotech M1 pump
Skimz 163 DC Montzer Series skimmer
Custom sump / Refuge
2 Maxspect Gyre XF130's Pumps
2 AI Hydra TwentySix HD LED Fixtures
Celestial C35W Maxspect Grow Spot light
Aqua UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer 25w
BRS Dual Media reactor
Eshoops IV Master doser
Smart Micro Auto Top Off

IMG_1554.JPG

FLOWMETER.jpg

IMG_2257.JPG
How do you like the skimmer I have the same and yet to use it lol

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HANDS down one of the nicest plumbing job in the industry - along with your Apex Control panel- nothing but amazing @Broadfield ! I finally got my controller up and running but still hooking my mods and doing my coding for my gear!
All in All it turned not bad!

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my set up, pix from the front and the back of my system I used all Cepex and Spears Gate valves Incl. my Aqua UV that i hard plumbed with a flow meter!

IMG_1554.JPG

Flow Meter # 2.JPG

FLOWMETER.jpg

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby and have yet to set up my 90 gallon rimless. I am blown away with the plumbing and the sumps. I will be drawing inspiration from all of you all. Thanks good stuff

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back