Show off your Tangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter scott9119
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This is my sailfin
 

Attachments

  • 1417566432163.jpg
    1417566432163.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 841
Thanks! He's a big puppy dog...
 
He's a beauty Peter!
 
My current tang is an acanthurus leucosternon :)
IMAG0105.jpg


Other tangs I've had, an acanthurus nigricans and a zebrasoma flavescens
IMAG0541.jpg
 
What's the trick to keeping your tangs alive for so long? I see some of you have had your tangs for 6+ years. I had a kole yellow eye tang and he got ich really fast and I lost him :-(
 
What's the trick to keeping your tangs alive for so long? I see some of you have had your tangs for 6+ years. I had a kole yellow eye tang and he got ich really fast and I lost him :-(

Quarantine prior to entering the DT. And not just for your tangs, but all of their tank mates as well. Tangs have a very thin mucous coat protecting them from ich and other parasites. And while I concede it can be done by experienced hobbyists; many people fail at "ich management" when it comes to tangs. Especially those from the genus Acanthurus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new