Show off your Tangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter scott9119
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
DSC_1600.jpg

DSC_1601.jpg
 
I agree love the pics!
 
is your Chevron older ? I read that they lose their color or it changes after the juvenile stage
No he's actually younger. (Or smaller at least by an inch). His specimen is just superior to mine.

They do lose color at some point but even mature the salt and pepper look some sport is gorgeous. I think fully transitioned adults are just as beautiful as the juveniles.

They do have an ugly teenage stage though with odd dull brown color. The patterns are still striking though
 
Here is a young adult and two full adults
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
The goofy stage
image.jpg


What I don't know is when they develop the yellow tail. It wonder if it's a regional variant or just another short stage in development. I've only ever had juveniles
 
Here is a shot with my yellow and blue tang swimming together my trigger is out of place but he is my favorite.They all get along great.
 

Attachments

  • 20150702_140218.jpg
    20150702_140218.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 324

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new