Show Piece Fish for 66 Gallon

RDUB58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat limited by size, but what's a fish that would be my trophy in a tank my size? A good clown pair? I know it's "eye of the beholder" just didn't know if therewa great one to target or special order. Thanks as always everyone!

OP
OP
RDUB58

RDUB58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat limited by size, but what's a fish that would be my trophy in a tank my size? A good clown pair? I know it's "eye of the beholder" just didn't know if therewa great one to target or special order. Thanks as always everyone!
*there was. (Typo☝️)

OP
OP
RDUB58

RDUB58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want just one fish ? Like one main fish and nothing else due to compatibility.

Or do you want something peaceful or more community friendly ?
Thanks for the reply. Definitely a community of sorts. Was just wishing to have that "piece de resistance!"

OP
OP
RDUB58

RDUB58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of fish but everyone loves the dog face puffer. I have had him in my tank and I have clown fish etc. He never bugs my corals or any of my other fish but is very cool.
Love those! Think my tank is too small though. Dog Face Puffer is for sure one of my favs too!

Mrman2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 75 gallon and he has plenty of room so I am not sure it might work for you.

Mrman2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issue I am pretty new at this just going on two years.
15857159594625085934070307577015.jpg

Mrman2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have an erchint and shrimp, clown fish, hermit crabs etc, he never hurts anything.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps a colorful anthias such as the fat head sunburst or Borbonius Anthias. Maybe one of the more colorful and high end wrasses.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of incredible wrasses that would look great. I like some of the different and less available clowns. I am not a big fan of the "designer" percs and occs, but have an incredible pair of Spotcinctus clowns!

I would STRONGLY suggest you not put a large puffer in a tank this size. Many puffers, including dog face and porcupine, get WAY too big. These puffers absolutely WILL outgrow that tank and will suffer if not moved to a much larger system. If you want a puffer, look at a valentini or saddle. Both are good options for a smaller tank. Just keep in mind that puffers have bone beaks for breaking shells and eating snails crabs and other inverts. They will almost certainly develop a taste for any and all CUC you may have or get.

OP
OP
RDUB58

RDUB58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a separate note, bringing a mature Fox Face back to the LGS that I bought it from. I think I know why he was rehomed the last time. Having a taste for soft and leather corals. I hate to do it, but he's going back.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back