Show us your mixing station!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted details and a complete parts list for my mixing station in my build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6173194

IMG_2764.jpg

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is pretty simple but works for me being handicapped, operating from a power chair that also elevates.

IMG_1050.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_1049.jpg

RO/DI is run from my laundry room to a valve and then split between my mixing station and my display tank (split again under the display with one line going to my RO reservoir and the other a length of around 8' of tubing with a ball valve near the end, I keep coiled and use as an RO spigot). The station has has two mixing pumps, one just a powerhead, and the other a larger pump that pushes water to a ball valve on top, with one position sending water back into the mixing tank, and the other position sending saltwater out the hose that can be placed in the display to add saltwater.

BeaverLakeAndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is everyone getting those vertical white tanks? The only thing I can seem to find for Norwesco vertical tanks is online and the shipping costs for them are outrageous.

Daveobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plumbing isn't installed yet on my mixing station, but it's ready for it. The station is in a darker corner of my fish room, so I decided to back light it. Super worth it!
Picts
- Back lit tanks
- LED Light bar ($20 amazon strip lights, mounted in 3/4" pvc cut in half. (I can rotate it to act as light shield and not blind me)
- Freshly built stand for tanks
- Lined with Vinyl sheeting to help eventual spillage
IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back