show your Catalina goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter El Camaron
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

El Camaron

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Location
MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got him about 4 months ago, read about it after i had in my tank and how they really like colder water but he seems very happy in there with water temps at 79.

023-2.jpg
 
Curious to see the longterm health of this fish. I read a lot about these little fish when I first got into the hobby but everyone told me they wouldn't last in a reef tank with normal temps (78-82) good luck to you and keep us updated. How did you acclimate him by the way??
 
well the LFS i got it from had it for two weeks in normal temps and seemed fine, i acclimated him by floating the bag and introducing a bit of my tank water in the bag, sorty of like drip but the easy route.
 
They are an awesome looking fish and I had purchased one when I first got into the hobby and didn't know that it needed cooler water. It pershied soon after I obtained it. I then learned of the cool water requirements and have not looked at getting one again. I think it's a fish better left in the ocean as they seem "too available" and buyers are not exactly educated either.

I currently run one of my systems in the 75ish range and still have not added one again as I hate to see another one perish. I just get my fix seeing them in specific cold water tanks at the aquariums where their needs are being met.
 
Here's a couple pics of the one in our 120 gallon tank. We keep our tank under 74 F since we keep seahorses. So far so good.

Catalina_Territory1.jpg


Catalina_Territory2.jpg


Catalina_Territory3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new