show your Catalina goby

El Camaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got him about 4 months ago, read about it after i had in my tank and how they really like colder water but he seems very happy in there with water temps at 79.

023-2.jpg

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see the longterm health of this fish. I read a lot about these little fish when I first got into the hobby but everyone told me they wouldn't last in a reef tank with normal temps (78-82) good luck to you and keep us updated. How did you acclimate him by the way??

OP
OP
El Camaron

El Camaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well the LFS i got it from had it for two weeks in normal temps and seemed fine, i acclimated him by floating the bag and introducing a bit of my tank water in the bag, sorty of like drip but the easy route.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are an awesome looking fish and I had purchased one when I first got into the hobby and didn't know that it needed cooler water. It pershied soon after I obtained it. I then learned of the cool water requirements and have not looked at getting one again. I think it's a fish better left in the ocean as they seem "too available" and buyers are not exactly educated either.

I currently run one of my systems in the 75ish range and still have not added one again as I hate to see another one perish. I just get my fix seeing them in specific cold water tanks at the aquariums where their needs are being met.

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple pics of the one in our 120 gallon tank. We keep our tank under 74 F since we keep seahorses. So far so good.

Catalina_Territory1.jpg

Catalina_Territory2.jpg

Catalina_Territory3.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back