show your fluval evo 13.5

Sm51498

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Glad to see someone is staying with stock components to see the potential. Definitely would agree flow is the weakest aspect for this AIO unit.

It's ashame the vendors' themselves don't do this with a before + timeframe picture of what could be say 6 months, 1 yr, 1.5 yrs. with their unit so others could see the potential. I guess time to market and it's a potential catch 22 are strong reasons they don't I would assumed.
I agree, I was curious what we could do with the stock components. I was planning to leave it 100% stock but my leathers were obviously annoyed by the lack of flow and having a hard time shedding. I'm not going to let my animals suffer. A more powerful pump with a valve to adjust the flow would have been a better choice for the tank to start.

I'll keep posting progress if I remember

OP
OP
walnuts923

walnuts923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0a014e4808a9a40fe469b5b4f3edee39.jpg

OP
OP
walnuts923

walnuts923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new addition intank media basket
i like it so far
running
fisrt chamber filter floss
second seachem purigen
third is chemipure blue
anyone else using this yet

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine a week ago or so. I am running regular filter pad with a poly filter pad below, chemipure blue in the 2nd chamber, and 8 marine pure balls in the bottom. Another 6 marine pure balls in the bottom of the second chamber with a drop. 6x scrubber in the main 2nd chamber. Then a sicce syncra silent for the return with the heater and ato in return chamber.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine a week ago or so. I am running regular filter pad with a poly filter pad below, chemipure blue in the 2nd chamber, and 8 marine pure balls in the bottom. Another 6 marine pure balls in the bottom of the second chamber with a drop. 6x scrubber in the main 2nd chamber. Then a sicce syncra silent for the return with the heater and ato in return chamber.

Which Sicce pump are you using? I'm gonna upgrade mine from stock but wasn't sure if it should go with the 0.5 or the 1?

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Sicce pump are you using? I'm gonna upgrade mine from stock but wasn't sure if it should go with the 0.5 or the 1?
Sorry i remembered wrong, it's the tunze 1073.008 silence. Fits great and I have it dialed back, dead silent.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still cycling the tank as of right now so no livestock yet but we're getting there! Everything is stock on the tank except the Lights. I'm using the AI Prime Hd fixture. Anyone else using this? What do you have your percentages at?? I plan on upgrading the return pump eventually. Just not sure with what yet. Also I put a Jabeo PP4 powerhead in there to help with circulation. Thing is so powerful. I'm still working on the perfect angle to where it's not blowing sand up everywhere.

7bd91b50a92e6de3cced14b9ef0380d3.jpg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set one up last week. I was pretty impressed with the quality and I got a good deal on the tank from petco online for $140 shipped. Added in some tropic eden meso flakes and 10 pounds of RealReef rock. I am shadow feeding and adding brightwell aquatics microbacter7 right now. AlgaeBarn pods are on deck for ordering soon. I picked up a Foscam R2 that I plan on using for my main tank build. The thing is pretty sharp mover LTE and you can pan the camera around and zoom as well.

0b8d916cfefc5b8938f02dd7afe29988.jpg

a056ccfaf7b2b2b07e6698583a27ce73.png

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does this go in the middle chamber or the one the skimmer would go it?

The one the skimmer goes in... it's set up so the media rack blocks off the initial slots to go into the 2nd chamber so the water flows all the way down the tray and then into the 2nd chamber.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got in from intank media basket there about 55

Okay cool thanks.. one more question.. do you think you can still clamp a gooseneck onto chamber 1 with the media basket put in there?? I'm tryna do some mods to have both my skimmer and a media basket but wanna make sure I have enough room for everything

OP
OP
walnuts923

walnuts923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay cool thanks.. one more question.. do you think you can still clamp a gooseneck onto chamber 1 with the media basket put in there?? I'm tryna do some mods to have both my skimmer and a media basket but wanna make sure I have enough room for everything

908060af3c0b5c931faa599d2499d810.jpg

you have about an inch and a half of wiggle room

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no prob intank is actually comming out with a basket for the second chamber as well i dont know what your plans are but maybe that might help you out. what kind of light are u running.

It's an AI Prime HD.. if they're making a basket for the 2nd chamber maybe I'll just hold off... any idea when it's coming out?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back