Evo Pic 2.jpg
2 For 1 Tank.jpg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently more interested in the 2nd chamber myself just because of the skimmer. Looking forward to the release.

Christian H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
57e0c3058ecf93431020a298b4a439b5.jpg

20d51dbdee63579961d0d99b61d05b27.jpg

ced993a8fec6820ce984ff7898d91e4e.jpg

Mine's been running for about three weeks now and has not had a single algae outbreak. I've only had one little patch of hair algae that my snail loves munching on.
So far everything is stock but I plan on doing a major mod on the filtration. I don't have any powerheads yet but suggestions are welcome! Everything is going great and looking awesome!

Stock List:

- Green Banded Gobie
- Royal Gramma
- Blue Coral-Banded Shrimp
- 2 Turbos
- 1 Cerith Snail
- 3 Kenya Trees
- 4 Radioactive Dragon Eyes
- 2 Green-Polyped Toadstool Leathers
- 1 Xenia Elongata
- 1 Pulsing Xenia
- 2 Unknown Palythoas
- 1 Red Monitpora

Thanks, Christian

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which flex arm length are you guys using for the ai prime? I like the lid but honestly it's pain at times and I already had to trim it out with the cables for the heater, pump, powerhead and light. I also want to setup an Apex jr and I am going to try to fit the ATK sensor section minus the par valve in the third chamber. We will see if it fits otherwise I will just order another ATO. Picked this guy up today so depending on how he colors up I may need to upgrade the light. I do have a radion G4 xr30 pro sitting in a box waiting for my big tank to be ordered but I have a feeling that would be overkill. The ai prime seems like a decent priced choice but I already have all the ecotech stuff to run another radion so an xr15 might be a nice option too.

IMG_1474.JPG

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank up and running since beginning of Jan. Not shown in the pic is an in tank pod hotel filled with chaeto that has made my psychedelic mandarin very fat and round. She was emaciated when I picked her up from the lfs back in Feb.

I've just recently set up a Evo 5 on my desk at work as well.

BTW, just as a PSA, be careful of salt drying on your glass...the honeycomb prints come right off even with the lightest dabbing of a damp cloth.

20170325_210910.jpg

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
57e0c3058ecf93431020a298b4a439b5.jpg

20d51dbdee63579961d0d99b61d05b27.jpg

ced993a8fec6820ce984ff7898d91e4e.jpg

Mine's been running for about three weeks now and has not had a single algae outbreak. I've only had one little patch of hair algae that my snail loves munching on.
So far everything is stock but I plan on doing a major mod on the filtration. I don't have any powerheads yet but suggestions are welcome! Everything is going great and looking awesome!

Stock List:

- Green Banded Gobie
- Royal Gramma
- Blue Coral-Banded Shrimp
- 2 Turbos
- 1 Cerith Snail
- 3 Kenya Trees
- 4 Radioactive Dragon Eyes
- 2 Green-Polyped Toadstool Leathers
- 1 Xenia Elongata
- 1 Pulsing Xenia
- 2 Unknown Palythoas
- 1 Red Monitpora

Thanks, Christian

I just swapped out my dual hydor Nanos with smartwave controller for the new Hydor Aqamai KPS. I like them a lot as it gives 24 hour control and varying flow rates. The app though is still beta quality as it's not full cloud controllable from anywhere outside of where the pumps are...but I have hopes it will come.

Christian H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just swapped out my dual hydor Nanos with smartwave controller for the new Hydor Aqamai KPS. I like them a lot as it gives 24 hour control and varying flow rates. The app though is still beta quality as it's not full cloud controllable from anywhere outside of where the pumps are...but I have hopes it will come.

Thanks! I will definitely be considering this!

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thx! did you just press the foam center insert down further? or are you just running something in bags?

No I got rid of that. Right now I'm up in the air with what I wanna do. I'm debating on getting rid of the skimmer al together and just getting a media rack for the first chamber.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any fish in there right now but i feed the crabs pellets and dose phyto for the pods i put in, and the skimmer seem to be real touchy. I get water in there mostly, nothing dark at all. I figure if that continues when the fish are added this week then I may pull it and go with a media basket as well. what would you recommend running in the media basket? I have never really messed with them, and the last nano I ran just had a power filter on it. i would like to clear up my water as there is alot of particulate matter floating in the water column at the time, some of which is pods but it would be nice to clear that up a bit.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your skimmer is anything like mine, It's more than likely micro bubbles floating around which is a huge reason for getting rid of mine. When I go with a media basket, I'm gonna put filter floss in the top tray, chemi pure blue in the 2nd tray and phosguard in the 3rd tray. That'll probably change if I find something else more effective but that's my plan right now

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to do a decent job with the blue light. It's not crazy expensive but I will be able to test it more here shortly with more corals and then my radions when I setup my other tank. The evo doesn't have a ton of blue in the normal mode.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back