show your fluval evo 13.5

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again this morning the torch is half out so I’m thinking it doesn’t like the light intensity. I’m going to reduce the settings as I’m running AI Prime HD and see if it likes it.
Edit - it won’t let me attach the video..
Of course! And thank you. STN and RTN are slow and rapid tissue necrosis brought upon by an infection of some sort. Typically this is how euphyillia kick the bucket. Again it is likely an alk problem. You need to see what your current level is at and also see what the swing is at night. When the lights turn off and photosynthesis stops, it can cause a drastic alk drop which has horrible effects on some corals especially when one doesn’t have a wave maker breaking surface or a fuge on a reverse schedule, and even worse if your not checking alk and doing constant water changes or dosing. Im guessing this is actually what is causing the slow demise.

I also run AI primes. I can send you a screen shot of my schedule if you like. Your light levels do look a bit high. Where is your white percentage at? Maybe try lowering everything 1/4 and see how the results are

r98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course! And thank you. STN and RTN are slow and rapid tissue necrosis brought upon by an infection of some sort. Typically this is how euphyillia kick the bucket. Again it is likely an alk problem. You need to see what your current level is at and also see what the swing is at night. When the lights turn off and photosynthesis stops, it can cause a drastic alk drop which has horrible effects on some corals especially when one doesn’t have a wave maker breaking surface or a fuge on a reverse schedule, and even worse if your not checking alk and doing constant water changes or dosing. Im guessing this is actually what is causing the slow demise.

I also run AI primes. I can send you a screen shot of my schedule if you like. Your light levels do look a bit high. Where is your white percentage at? Maybe try lowering everything 1/4 and see how the results are
My alk did drop since I last checked but not by much, so I have dosed. Presume this was from water change yesterday.
I have only had the torch since the weekend so it’s not actually got worse, I’d actually say this is better than when I got it as it was sulking when I first got it as you can imagine.

Looking at your percentages would be great please if possible. I did reduce them as I said and have seen a continued steady extension all day, so I do think it’s the light, although I would like to see if there’s any more progress as I know it can take a while when first getting them..

On another note I think my favite has white spot and one part of my trumpet coral doesn’t seem as bright… somethings happened as it’s caused my ammonia to spike by 0.5. Oh the joys of reefing

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Painted the back

Attachments

• B06C17BE-FCD8-4C8D-AADF-6283FA8EC218.jpeg
    B06C17BE-FCD8-4C8D-AADF-6283FA8EC218.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 86

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk did drop since I last checked but not by much, so I have dosed. Presume this was from water change yesterday.
I have only had the torch since the weekend so it’s not actually got worse, I’d actually say this is better than when I got it as it was sulking when I first got it as you can imagine.

Looking at your percentages would be great please if possible. I did reduce them as I said and have seen a continued steady extension all day, so I do think it’s the light, although I would like to see if there’s any more progress as I know it can take a while when first getting them..

On another note I think my favite has white spot and one part of my trumpet coral doesn’t seem as bright… somethings happened as it’s caused my ammonia to spike by 0.5. Oh the joys of reefing
Do you know the Alk numbers from the spike? What it was and what it is now? Problem with alk if it’s to low ,
Shooting it back up to fast can also do lots of damage. Ooo and ammonia ? that is not good!! I wonder why.. super strange. What test kit did you use? Some are notorious for false readings.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back