Show your nano aquarium here!

image.jpg

Macro algae nano.
 
I set up a couple nanos on my desk. On the right is an Aqueon Evolve 4 and on the left is a 2 gallon cylinder aquarium from Petco. I have 48w of T5 spanning over them. The Aqueon has pulsing Xenia, green palys, a camel shrimp, and frogspawn. The cylinder I just set up last night. It is barebottom and has a maze brain frag, an orange mushroom, and a trumpet coral. I may try a frag of Starburst monti in there too.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1411670926305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411670926305.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 507
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411670951157.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411670951157.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 532
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411670996007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411670996007.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 523

Still a work in progress newbie 10g waiting on powerheads, cpr aquafuge skimmer combo, and paint the back
 
NEW MEMBER HERE

I've had a 29G Coralife Biocube for about 2 years and I'm hoping to take it into a new direction finally.

Currently (will post pics soon) it has:

- InTank Media Basket with Filter Floss, Purigen Bag and Chemi-pure
- two HYDOR KORALIA NANO CIRCULATION PUMP/POWERHEAD 425GPH
- Hydor Slim Skim Protein Skimmers (which i think sucks)
- I do weekly water changes using Microbe-Lift Aquarium Salt Mixes Reef and RO water

I have a Green Hair Algae problem for the last two months which seems to be getting better - I think it happened due to over feeding and using tap water like a dope. I fixed that and use RO now.

Livestock include:

2 False Percula Clownfish
1 Pajama Cardinal
6 head Purple Candy Cane Coral
Several Rhicordea
1 two headed Australian Big Polyp Blasto Red
Several Purple Polyp Blastomusa
Hammer coral
frogspawn
Toadstool Mushroom
Orange and Green Colony Polyp
and a few others I forgot the names of.

I have started to upgrade my tank with the following:

- Steve's Led Retrofit Kit for the Biocube 29 LED Light System - Extreme SPS! - within this I elected for the 99% complete which "DOES NOT TAKE 10 Minutes to install" More like 5 hours (i can't image if i had to solder and everything). I added the Typhoon Digital Controller and The lighting package I chose was 14,000K Full Specturm JMB Special - This is LED combination perfected by Nano-reef.com user JediMasterBen. It It is birght, with crisp color with a bluer tone than the 12,000K. The result is better pop (iridescence) from flourescent corals, as well as boosting the natural color of nonflourescent corals, sponges, coraline algae and macroalgae. This LED combination does not have any of the bad side effects of using green LEDs, and does not look "green". LEDs included in this selection are 4x 4,000K, 4x Lime, 14x Royal Blue, 6x Cool Blue.

- I also was just put on the waiting list for Life Reef's custom Sump kit which unfortunately doesn't arrive until December.

Once I get full control of Green Hair Algae problem I will start to redesign my aquascape and plan on adding some really cool ****.

If anyone has any recco's (corals) for the lights I will have I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new