Show Your Zoo Photos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xingu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xingu

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2013
Messages
147
Reaction score
57
Location
Huntingtown, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite places to shoot is the zoo. I personally like the small roadside type, you never know what you will find. I also like the challenges some enclosusures provide when shooting (ever try shooting through chicken wire or mesh?)

Albino Rattlesnake
snake-1.jpg


This Gibbon lived on his own island with a bunny
gib-1.jpg


"Iggy"
iggy-1.jpg


When at the National Zoo in Washington, you must always remember to look up. There have been "accidents"
orag-2.jpg
 
Great shots.

I will take one for the team and be the one to ask what lens and main settings you were using. ;)
 
Great pics!!

I will post some of mine, but they are not nearly as good as yours. They were taken at the Richmond Zoo.

IMG_1477_zpsd85309dc.jpg
IMG_1437_zps9cb0550b.jpg
IMG_1436_zpsaf4555ba.jpg
IMG_1409_zpsccb1f9e5.jpg
IMG_1390_zps908a69bf.jpg
IMG_1359_zpscf566504.jpg
 
Andy, you are correct it was the Richmond zoo in VA. I went in April to visit my sister.
 
Great photos, makes me want to stop by my local zoo again.

My job here is done :smile:

Thanks. I carry a backpack full of equipment when I shoot. Most of these were probably with a 70-200 zoom lens. I usually just set the camera to Auto when shooting outside on a sunny day, it's what most cameras are designed to do best. I will also shoot in Aperture Priority which gives me easy control over how to show the background in a photo.

Love seeing other photographer's shots. It gives me ideas.

Please, lets see some more photos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new