Showing off my anglers

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a new angler. I got a 1" black wart a few months back that is now a 4" purple wart that is the coolest fish I have ever had. Few days ago the LRS got in a pricey white wart pretty much the same size as the purple one I now have so I had to get it.
THey seem to do fine together so far as I am sure they will do in the future since all they are interested in is eating. Who knows, would be awesome if they were m/f and bred.
Living in a 50 tub along with a FuManchu.

8473IMG_9487-med.JPG

8473IMG_0740-med.JPG

Last edited:

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man...I wanna try anglers so bad. What are you feeding them?

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Good thing wart skins stay small, did you know that large anglers actually eat lion fish in the wild?

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flricordea!!!! You joined too!!! Hahah. I got a question though, are your anglers eating frozen? Are they expensive fish? They seem really cool but Im leery to try one because I figure theyll eat my new sixline wrasse.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start posting more over here FLRic! And of course u know I want ur Angelers n ur freakin Lion fish. U got all the corals I want in fish I want. U might feel this at night :horse: and then ur gonna wake up very :confused: wondering what happened to ur tanks!!

And paintballer they can be expensive pending on color

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flricordea!!!! You joined too!!! Hahah. I got a question though, are your anglers eating frozen? Are they expensive fish? They seem really cool but Im leery to try one because I figure theyll eat my new sixline wrasse.
Price just depends on where you get them I am sure. THe white I got for average price that they go for on and off line, about $130 and the purple one I got as a 1" specimen for about $50.
They would not hesitate to make a quick snake of a 6-line. No problem catching it I am sure. They lure damsels with no problem at all.
The purple one is eating F/T silversides. Just got the white one so will take some time to convert it.

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
carefull i had my anglers fight, and then one ate the other 1 day.... they were actually about the same sizeas well 3" prob, and i kept them well fed..... and depending on the size of the fu man chu they might try.... my buddy bought a white wartskin off DD and it ended up eating his small(4") affrican lionfish, and his angler was maybe 3"... just my opinion.... but they are very interesting and awesome creatures.....
shane

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
carefull i had my anglers fight, and then one ate the other 1 day.... they were actually about the same sizeas well 3" prob, and i kept them well fed..... and depending on the size of the fu man chu they might try.... my buddy bought a white wartskin off DD and it ended up eating his small(4") affrican lionfish, and his angler was maybe 3"... just my opinion.... but they are very interesting and awesome creatures.....
shane
I will keep tabs on them. Thanks for the info. My purple one tryed to eat my finger once. Glad I am bigger. It actually felt kind of 'interesting?' my finger in its mouth.

Dr. Frag

The Megalodon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM just taking a educated gues, but from what i know of ocean predators, the fish don't bother each other much if they are different sizes because the larger one gets everything and the smaller one gets the left overs. However , when the fish are the same size the compatition is on, and you may have one or both of your fish dead. Its only a gues but if the fish fight alot and they seem to be hurting each other, try take ing the purpule one out and give the white one some time to settle in, and give the purpule one less food so it will be alittle smaller when you put him in the tank with the other one. Its just a gues. pretty fish by the way.

Mr.A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have your anglers with corals? i was thinking about getting a wartskin angler for a 30 gallon tank with lps and softies. was just wondering if this would be okay or not. thanks. by the way, your anglers look great!

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never seen oen quite like that white one

That is awesome.

Ive always loved anglers and scorpions....Im going to be getting one here shortly...not sure which. Im leaning towards a rhinopius, but that white one you have surely has my interest :)

You need to post a video of them eating now.....

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they shift in colors depending on the environment?

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! i agree on that Video :D Wow! didn't know they ate Lionfish, tsk i almost did just that :lol:

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM just taking a educated gues, but from what i know of ocean predators, the fish don't bother each other much if they are different sizes because the larger one gets everything and the smaller one gets the left overs. However , when the fish are the same size the compatition is on, and you may have one or both of your fish dead. Its only a gues but if the fish fight alot and they seem to be hurting each other, try take ing the purpule one out and give the white one some time to settle in, and give the purpule one less food so it will be alittle smaller when you put him in the tank with the other one. Its just a gues. pretty fish by the way.
they pretty much get along. I sometimes wonder when I find them sitting pressed up next to each other what is going on. I think they are fine together though. It is other fish I am not so sure about.

8473IMG_3514-med.JPG

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.9%
Back