Shredded Anenome help

Bryantmuniz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a nem looks shredded. I don't have powerheads in my tank. It was doing fine and i came home today and it is shredded. The foot is holding on very good. It's on the rock right next to my RRB nem and my RTB is super open and bubbled up. What can be the problem with my nem.? Any information helps in why my nem is not looking so hot

IMG_4283.jpg IMG_4282.jpg IMG_4281.jpg

Tj Jenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not shredded from the power head, your tank would be totaled and clouded. Number of reasons it could be closed up or sick. maybe parasite or disease.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your rock looks like the tank is way too new to do well with anemones. Your going to have to keep all your parameters as stable as possible and hope for the best, or return it. I would not feed it because that can add more stress to it as well.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not shredded from the power head, your tank would be totaled and clouded. Number of reasons it could be closed up or sick. maybe parasite or disease.

He said he didn’t have a powerhead in the tank, but either way, I’ve blended up a Nem and it didn’t kill anything in my tank......

With the pictures it’s impossible to tell what I’m even looking at though

No idea how someone can say the tank “looks too new”. My Nems have been in my tank for over a year. Maybe I’ll start a “is my Nem sick” thread with a blurry picture, and see how many different opinions I get.

OP
OP
B

Bryantmuniz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said he didn’t have a powerhead in the tank, but either way, I’ve blended up a Nem and it didn’t kill anything in my tank......

With the pictures it’s impossible to tell what I’m even looking at though

No idea how someone can say the tank “looks too new”. My Nems have been in my tank for over a year. Maybe I’ll start a “is my Nem sick” thread with a blurry picture, and see how many different opinions I get.

Thats the best pictute i got as i was running it the door lol. Ill pay a better picture tomorrow. It looked a little better today when i got home. Only thing i did notice when i first spotted this problem was that both nems where touching so im wondering if one stung the other or if it would even be a problem if they touched each other.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back